It’s April Fools’ Day! And if you want to pull a prank at your office today, there’s still time. Here are five April Fools’ office pranks that require little or no preparation.
1. Hang a sign on the “new” voice-activated copier. Chances are, people have seen this one before and won’t fall for it. But if they do, the results are totally worth it.
2. Rubber band their office phone. Get a few (or a hundred) rubber bands and wrap them around their office phone so they can’t pick it up when it rings.
3. Cover their stuff in sticky notes. Get a few coworkers together and cover someone’s cubicle with Post-It Notes. Or, if you don’t have time before they get to work, sneak out to the parking lot and do it to their CAR.
4. Kill their mouse. Unplug their mouse from the back of their computer or take the batteries out. As an added bonus I like to tape over the red sensor underneath for once they get the power back.
5. Mayonnaise the doughnuts. We don’t endorse the “messing with food” type of April Fools’ Day prank, but if you’re a heartless jerk, this one’s for you. Buy a dozen regular, glazed doughnuts and spread some mayo on the top as frosting. Then offer one to a victim of your choice, or leave the box in the break room.